NAViGaTOR 2.2.1 Release notes
release date January 11th, 2011
Here you will find information about the latest NAViGaTOR version as well as archives of the previous versions. To help us improve NAViGaTOR with every version, you are encouraged to tell us what you think using our feedback form or report issues in Bugzilla.
Updates in NAViGaTOR 2.2.1
- New I2D plugin with ability to query for extra data
- MITAB file handler
- User interface changes
- PSI-MI XML file format fixes for node identifiers
- Navigator XML file format saves network pan and zoom position
- Subset edges are selectable and customizable
- Better support for subsets
- Linear/Circular layout can be sorted by features
- New Hotbox controls for selecting neighbours, trees, chains and bicomponents
- Ability to load interactions through Psicquic interface
- BugFix: When node size is 'linked', it scales proportionally
Minimum system requirements:
- Java Runtime Environment 1.5 or higher
- 64 MB RAM
- 300 MHz processor
- 20 MB free hard drive space
- OpenGL-capable video card not required, but up-to-date OpenGL drivers are necessary. Information is available here.
Recommended system requirements:
- 256 MB RAM
- 1 GHz processor
- OpenGL-capable video card with hardware OpenGL acceleration support
NOTE: Some features may not be supported on systems with 64-bit architectures.
Download and Installation Instructions
NAViGaTOR 2.2.1 is available for Windows, Mac OS, Linux and Unix. For each OS you have the option of chosing the installer specific to your hardware architecture.
If upgrading from a previous version of NAViGaTOR, we recommend you first uninstall the previous version. Documentation is not included, but can be downloaded seperately from here.
This following list covers some of the known issues or bugs with NAViGaTOR 2.2.1. These should be resolved and fixed in future releases of NAViGaTOR. You may report any new issues you find using Bugzilla.
- To ensure compatibility with the latest JOGL libraries, make sure all your graphics drivers are updated and current.
- The PDF standard does not support transparency, and as such transparent objects will appear solid on export. For exporting transparent publication quality graphics, SVG can be used.
- On some systems, curved edges will not render with transparency.
- In secure environments, calls to open a web browser may be blocked, and the help system may not function. If this is the case, help documentation is available here.
Download NAViGaTOR 2.2.1!
For Microsoft Windows:
For Mac OS:
Terms of download and use:
All downloads and use of the code are subject to the following terms: Permission to use, copy, and modify this software and its documentation is hereby granted to all academic and not-for-profit institutions without fee, provided that name of organization and author appear in all copies of the software and related documentation. Under these conditions, the permission to modify and distribute or to make extended versions of the software is explicitly granted to non-profit organizations. This software and its documentation is provided "AS-IS" and without any warranty of any kind. In no event shall Ontario Cancer Institute or the authors be liable for any consequential damage of any kind, or any damages resulting from the use of this software. This software was written in Java and requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 (1.5.0) or later.
Use of or downloading by a for-profit institution, without first obtaining an appropriate license from UHN, is strictly prohibited.